Free TOOLS for SEO in a Comprehensive Directory
UPDATED: SEPTEMBER, 2016 – to cover new topics such as content marketing, Google+, and the new link-building!
Why buy PAID TOOLS when you can use the many FREE TOOLS available on the Internet? You just have to know where to look.
Used by Jason McDonald in his online SEO classes as well as classes at Stanford Continuing Studies and classes at San Francisco’s Bay Area Video Coalition and AcademyX, the SEO Toolbook is a MUST HAVE for anyone who wants to dominate Google, Bing, or Yahoo. Here’s what you get:
- Tools for every aspect of SEO, starting at Keywords proceeding through Page Tags, Link-building, and Diagnostics and ending up at rank measurement and Google Analytics.
- Web links to each and every free tool.
- A description of the tool plus a relevancy score.
- In addition to tools, pointers to tutorials, blogs, and trade shows on Search Engine Optimization as well as official free Google resources and even funny Easter Eggs.
- Access to the online edition, including Jason’s dashboard of clickable tool links.
- The SEO Toolbook is available FREE in PDF format (not hard copy!) to folks who take any of Jason’s classes (both online and in San Francisco), as well as subscribers to the JM INTERNET GROUP email lists.
- Buy this book ONLY if you want a hard copy, printed version of this important search engine optimization tools directory.
The SEO Toolbook is a wonderful companion to all books on SEO such as SEO For Dummies, SEO an Hour a Day, Search engine optimization 2016, etc.
Understand How the SEO Toolbook Works
First and foremost, the SEO Toolbook assumes a working knowledge of SEO. This toolbook has many wonderful free tools, but the tools alone are useless without a knowledge of how the game is played! (If you need that knowledge, we recommend you check out my SEO Fitness Workbook (on Amazon), online courses a, or call 800-298-4065 to learn more about my SEO one-on-one training and consulting services).
Second, this book emphasizes only free tools. Despite the fact that there are quite a few paid SEO tools out there, none are any better than the free tools identified in this Toolbook. Indeed, in today’s tight economy, why pay when you can get them for free? Not to mention, why pay when the most important element, i.e. a knowledge of how SEO is played to win, can’t be obtained from any tool?
Third, we have reviewed each tool in the Toolbook for relevance and ease of use. Almost without exception, the tools in the Toolbook require nothing more than a Web browser and active connection to the Internet. Easy is just as important as free. Generally speaking, if a tool requires registration or has only a “trial” period, it has been excluded.
SEO Toolbook: Directory of Free Search Engine Optimization Tools