Here I’ll explain what a favorites list is and how it’ll enhance your experience.
What are Favorites Lists?
These are lineups of your favorite channels. You can create and change the lists, adding and removing channels as you wish. Your channels can be grouped into up to four lists.
- When using a Favorites List, the Program Guide and Browse Banner display only the channels in the Favorites List. When you use the remote control UP or DOWN ARROW to change channels, the receiver skips channels that are not listed.
- The All Chan list contains all the channels including channels not in your current subscription. You cannot make any changes to the All Chan.
- The All Sub list contains all the channels in your subscription. You cannot make any change to the All Sub, except by changing your subscription.
- The All HD list contains all of the HD channels in your subscription, as well as over-the-air digital channels if your receiver is connected to an over-the-air antenna.
- Each has a unique color in the Program Guide. You can also give each list a name. The four lists are named List 1, 2, 3, and 4, until you change the list name. The list are empty until you add channels to them.
- If you choose a program using Themes or by entering a channel number using the remote controls, the receiver tunes to the channel for that program whether or not that channel is active.
- You can include over-the-air channels in your List if an over-the-air antenna is connected to the receiver.
Creating or Changing Favorite Lists
- You can create, add channels to, and remove channels. When you use only those channels in your list are shown in the Program Guide and Browse Banner.
- Press MENU on your remote control. Select Preferences, and then Favorites.
- Select the list that you want to change
- Select Modify List
- Using the SELECT button, add or delete channels from the list.
- Select Done
You can name your Favorites whatever you want, up to eight characters long.
- Press Menu on your remote control. Select Preferences, and then select favorites.
- Select the list that you want to rename.
- Select Edit Name
- Enter the name you want
- Select Done
Using Favorites Lists
Press GUIDE to open the Program Guide. Press GUIDE again to select the next Favorites List. Press GUIDE repeatedly to scan through all the available.
Note: GUIDE only works in this manner if the Guide button is selected under MENU, Preferences, Favorites, and Guide Options.
- Two lists cannot have the same name
- Pressing GUIDE to switch Favorites Lists functions only if you have added channels to the Favorites, pressing GUIDE switches to the Favorites List. If you have not created a Favorites List, pressing GUIDE switches the receiver between the All Chan, All Sub, and All HD.
Why are channels missing from the Program Guide?
- You might have a List that does not contain those channels. Press GUIDE until the All Chan or All Sub displays.
- You might have channels locked and hidden.
These hints will help enhance the user experience by allowing users to search find what he or she is looking for any time of the day.
Create and Edit Your Favorite Channels With DISH